April 18-22, 2017
This course provides the skills and knowledge required to make and decorate a single tier cake. Participants will learn about flower making techniques, presenting floral sprays and tying ribbons, selection of ingredients and cake making, covering cakes with Ready-to-Roll icing, and piping with royal icing. At the end of the course, students will have successfully decorated a single tier cake for a special occasion
- Preparation of the fruit/ Baking of the cake
- Importance of the baking lining of tins correctly
- Preparation of the cake boards (unless they are pre-covered) paper covering or iced covering.
- Making of the gum paste (unless it is already brought in) Demo but class paste needs to be made ahead
- Use of cutters /equipment selection of wires/ribbon selections
- Discussion of colour palette/ symmetrical or asymmetrical designs
- Use of colours/powders or luster dusts
- Introduction o blossoms, filler flowers, leaves
- Preparation of cake for covering
- Application of fondant or RTR icing
- Making of larger flowers such as Roses
- Finishing leaves and filler flowers
- Piping techniques
- Wiring small sprays
- Attaching ribbons
- Piping side designs
- Continuation of leaf, flowers and fillers
- Air brushing or finishing techniques
- Assembly of sprays continued.
- Finishing of cakes
Substitution: Though, you may substitute participant at any time before the course.
AIBTM reserves the right to cancel this course in the event of insufficient registration or Faculty emergency or any other emergency. If cancellation happens due to any of these reasons, AITBM will make full refund of fee. AIBTM’s liability is limited to only fee refund.