ASSOCOM INDIA is the premier consultancy for businesses in the food industry, specializing in research, documentation, marketing, public relations, corporate communications and also education, training and conferences. Established in 2001, Assocom’s industry expertise extends to wheat, cereals, grains, fruits and vegetables and food processing. Since inception, Assocom has had a strong team of permanent experts across India, Sri Lanka, Australia, USA, UK and Afghanistan.
As a part of industry support, Assocom has in‐house software development and IT related expertise. Assocom works closely with number of companies for development of software’s and BPO related consultancy and market research. The company is promoted by Mr. Raj Kapoor who has more than 20 years of experience in working with Grain, Food, and Feed industries. Assocom has been working in close association with various National and International Organizations and has actively participated and championed projects for Government such as Midday Meal Scheme, Fortification of Milk with Vitamins etc. It has also forged relations with many Agricultural Universities within India and with University of Kansas in US. Among the International organizations ASSCOM’s key associations include US Wheat Associates, American Soybean Association, AIB International, USA, Hyejeon College, Korea, Kansas State University, USA, Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN), Geneva, Development Alternative Incorporation (DAI), Afghanistan, Grain Industry Alliance (GIA), USA, US High Bush Blue Berry Council, Nabim (Flour Mills Association of UK), NOM Ltd. UK, International Operative Millers Association, USA, Micronutrient Initiative of Canada etc.
Assocom has immense experience and domain knowledge of bakery, wheat, and all related food products within the country, in neighboring countries and the west, and in baking technology and related subjects in food technology and culinary science, amongst a host of newer technologies on processed foods emerging around the world.
Some of the recent achievments of Assocom India (2012-2013) are as follows:
Market Assessment and Surveys
1) Market Assessment of Pomegranate In India for CHAMP, USAID, Afghanistan, 2012
2) Market Assessment and Shelf Life Study for wax-coated Pomegranate for CHAMP – USAID, Afghanistan, 2012
3) Market assessment of Almonds, Dried Figs and Raisins in India for CHAMP, USAID, Afghanistan, 2012
4) Literacy Assessment – Evaluation of impact on the learners
5) Afghanistan Technical Survey on Production of Wheat and Other Major Crops, Supported by, Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL), Afghanistan Improving Agricultural Inputs Delivery System Project (IAIDS), 2012
6) Study Tour in India for Texas Agricultural Lifetime Leadership (TALL), Texas, 2011-12
Key Regular Activities
1. Industry / Trade Team Tours from U.S. Wheat Associates, U.S. High bush Berry Council, US Soybean Export Council, Kansas Agricultural Rural Leadership, USA, Development Alternative Incorporation (DAI), and Grain Industry Alliance (GIA) etc.
2. Contact Development and export enhancement program for US Companies including – Naturipe, Evergreen Agricultural Enterprises, Inc., Munger Farms, West Blue-Berry Farm’s etc.
3. Assocom India more than 9 years experience in Food Fortification with macro and micro nutrients in Wheat Flour, Milk, Oil, Besan, Dal Analogue, etc. Thorough knowledge of requisite nutrients essential for food fortification.
4. Currently Assocom India is working on Integrated Programme Strategy – Food Fortification Project, Rajasthan. The project is an initiation by Institute of Health Management Research (IIHMR) Jaipur with the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN), Geneva , for fortification of wheat flour, milk, oil and fortified soy dal analogue through public and private funded distribution channels. Assocom India is responsible for production and distribution component of the project.
5. Assocom India has also conducted technical assessment of soybean refineries in Madhya Pradesh under project “Catalyzing edible oil fortification in India: fortification of soybean oil in Madhya Pradesh” support by GAIN and CECOEDECON.
6. Retail Promotion/Road Shows, Food Demonstrations – Thousands of programs have been organized for various clients including US High bush Blue Berry Council and American Soybean Association – International Marketing.
7. Closely work with various trade and social Associations like Indian Importers Association (IIA), Snack Food Promotion Association (SFPA), Fruit Merchant Association (FMA), Fresh Fruits Importers Association, Wheat Products Promotion Society (WPPS), Soy Food Promotion & Welfare Association (SFPWA), Society of Indian Bakers (SIB), PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI), Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), US Wheat Associates etc.
8. Healthy Living Seminar for Solae India (DuPont) in various cities, 2012-13
Student Recruitment Consultancy” Founded in the year 2008, with an experience in international education marketing, ACPL has been working with several universities and colleges in the United States, generating new ideas and innovative ways to enroll more students and create new global awareness. A U.S. undergraduate education is among the best in the world. From aerospace engineering to visual arts, U.S. bachelor’s degree programs offer students the flexibility to choose general subject courses that pique their interests before deciding on a specific career path. However, the road to your U.S. education involves much research and preparation.
Established, experienced, capable and knowledgeable, ACSPL has accrued demonstrable, key experience in international student recruitment, planning, development and execution over the fiver years Our understanding of international education issues and sound cross border business practices allow us to assist you in your recruitment needs with a renewed entrepreneurial spirit and developing new revenue streams without compromising on quality.
We had and have been representing a few universities in India as Principal agents for the whole of South –East Asia. For more information on the universities please logon to our website www.acspl.org
Assocom Foundation is an independent trust dedicated to support vocational education. In memory of Late J.L. Kapoor, AF will consider need-based assistance to support students in vocational studies. Rural youth in need of financial support for career or entrepreneurship in bakery business will be the specific focus.