About: Bakery Engineering” is a one-day course designed for persons interested in the improvement of their bakery operations. As bakeries get larger to accommodate increased demand for their products, the design of the process and the care of equipment become increasingly important. The course starts by looking at the bakery production process, and then we discuss how the owners can gain economies of scale through prudent investments in bakery equipment. By applying well-proven concepts of lean manufacturing, we will show how to take more and more waste out of the system; which will allow the company to make a reasonable return-on investment without having to offer products at higher prices. Once the company has invested in equipment, it is critical that these assets are properly maintained. We will discuss practical concepts of preventive and predictive maintenance that will not only improve asset life, but will result in lower operating costs with increased efficiency.
In the international food industry, Food safety is becoming more and more important, and the management of equipment and facility maintenance is a critical piece of success. The course will cover the highlights of maintenance for food safety, and there will be time for additional questions before the conclusion of the course.
February 15, 2018, AIBTM, Greater Noida
Rs. 4,720 including GST.
Early Bird Incentive: 20% if registrations are made before December 15, 2017
Accommodation: Available at AIBTM Hostel on twin sharing basis @ Rs.750/per day including all the meals.
Cancellation: Full refund if cancelled 3 days before the program. Though, substitutions are allowed.
Speaker: Dr. Kirk O’Donnel, Member of Board of Directors, AIBTM
Expertise and Experience
- 12 years in Plant Operations as Supervisor, Production Manager, and Plant Manager
- 25 years as trainer and consultant in the Baking Industry
- Experience delivering training programs and consulting services in nearly all nations in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, India, Pakistan, China, Japan, and other nations in Asia.
- Successful programs in the area of Biscuit production for Gamesa (division of Pepsico) and Noel.
- Doctor of Education
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor degrees in Milling Science and also Bakery Science
- American Institute of Baking diploma in Baking Technology
|8:00 – 8:30||Orientation and Introductions|
|8:30 – 9:30||The role of Engineering in Baked Products Manufacturing|
• Process design and capital investment
• Continuous improvement
• Finding balance
|9:45 – 12:00||Applying Lean Manufacturing concepts to Bakery production|
|• 5S and visual factory
• Theory of constraints
• Jidoka, Kaizen, and Poka-Yoke
• Total productive maintenance
|12:00 – 13:00||Lunch break|
|13:00 – 14:30||Preventive and predictive maintenance|
|• Internal and external inspections
• Applying rules of T.L.C.
• Measurement and management
|14:45||Maintenance for Food Safety|
|16:15||Questions and Answers|