June 22, 2017
8.30 am Welcome and Orientation
8.45 am Wheat, Flour and other grains
- Overview of wheat and flours for baking
- Discussion of Verity grains
10.15 am Chemical Leavening – Types, uses, functionally
11.00 am Hands-on Baking of Breads
- Ingredient variations
12.30 pm Lunch
1.00 pm Enzymes in Baking – Types and functionality
- Applications and usage in baking
2.00 pm Sweeteners: Sugars and Sugar Substitutes
- What are common sweeteners used in bakery products
- What are available substitutes for sugar
Fats & Oils in Baking
- Introduction to the fats and oils used in baking
Salt and Salt Substitutes
3.00 pm Fruit Filling and Baking
3.15 pm Hands-on Baking of Sweet Goods
- Variations of chemical leavening and fats & oils in cakes
4.30 pm Starches and Gums
- Why would you want them?
- What are the forms available
5.00 pm Bake cakes with ingredient variations
5.45 pm Evaluation of Bread and Sweet Goods
06.00 pm Presentation of Certificates.
If you cancel your enrollment 15 days before the course starts, we will refund full fee. Though, if cancellation is done 3 day before the course starts, you will be charged with Rs.1,500 towards late cancellation.
Substitution: Though, you may substitute participant at any time before the course.
AIBTM reserves the right to cancel this course in the event of insufficient registration or Faculty emergency or any other emergency. If cancellation happens due to any of these reasons, AITBM will make full refund of fee. AIBTM’s liability is limited to only fee refund.