June 22, 2017
8.30 am Welcome and Orientation
8.45 am Wheat, Flour and other grains
- Overview of wheat and flours for baking
- Discussion of Verity grains
10.15 am Chemical Leavening – Types, uses, functionally
11.00 am Hands-on Baking of Breads
- Ingredient variations
12.30 pm Lunch
1.00 pm Enzymes in Baking – Types and functionality
- Applications and usage in baking
2.00 pm Sweeteners: Sugars and Sugar Substitutes
- What are common sweeteners used in bakery products
- What are available substitutes for sugar
Fats & Oils in Baking
- Introduction to the fats and oils used in baking
Salt and Salt Substitutes
3.00 pm Fruit Filling and Baking
3.15 pm Hands-on Baking of Sweet Goods
- Variations of chemical leavening and fats & oils in cakes
4.30 pm Starches and Gums
- Why would you want them?
- What are the forms available
5.00 pm Bake cakes with ingredient variations
5.45 pm Evaluation of Bread and Sweet Goods
06.00 pm Presentation of Certificates.
Discount: If any participant wish to apply for two or more courses, 15% discount on each course will be ensured.
Candidate who cancels his/her enrollment in more than 7 working days before the course starts, will receive a full refund. Though 25% fee be deducted towards cancellation before 2 working days. Admission is transferable.
AIBTM reserves the right to cancel any short course due to any emergency and insufficient enrollments.