Specialized career opportunity in one of the fastest growing food business segment.
Twin Program Benefits
- Career scope beyond Bakery Science & Technology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Bakery Science, Technology & Entrepreneurship
- Diploma in value-added products from Cereal, Pulses and Oilseeds (DPVCPO): Study at AIBTM in counjuction with PGD BSTE
ONLY 25 SEATS IN ONE BATCH.
April 30 and June 30, 2018
Last date of Registration for Entrance Exam is March 31 and May 31, 2018 for July and September Batches respectively.
AIBTM Post Graduate Diploma in Bakery Science, Technology & Entrepreneurship
ABOUT THE COURSE:
9 months intensive program including 3 months internship is designed for students who wish to make specialization in Bakery Science and Technology. This is only such comprehensive program for post graduate studies in Bakery Technology and Management available in India.
Graduate of science, home science, food technology, engineering, Vocational and allied subjects like Hotel Management, Maths, Microbiology, etc.)
- This course focuses on five specific modules Bread Technology, Biscuit Technology, Cakes and Sweet Goods, Applied Bakery Science, Food Safety and Quality Control and Entrepreneurship..
- Students will learn the fundamentals of bakery science with emphasis on the functional chemistry of bakery ingredients. They will come to understand the bakery processes, products, trouble shooting, product quality, food safety and bakery management.
- Emphasis will be on the bakery technology and research based projects with implementation of latest technologies related to bakery industry.
- This course is coupled with Industrial visits, workshops, seminars mentored by industry professionals
- Opportunity to work with other institutes, companies, research laboratories in collaboration with AIBTM
- Key examinations and viva will be evaluated by technical experts.
- International Collaboration with our partner; Kansas State University, USA, Canadian International Grain Institute, Hyjeon College, South Korea, Tafe Hunter, Australia, City & Guilds, UK.
IGNOU’s Diploma in Value-added Products from Cereals, Pulses and Oilseeds (DPVCPO): Study at AIBTM in conjunction with PGD BSTE
Last date for enrolling for IGNOU Diploma is May 15, 2018. Sessions starts from July 2018
ABOUT THE COURSE:
The Diploma in Production of Value Added Products from Cereals, Pulses and Oil seeds aims to develop competent human resource in the field of post-harvest management of Cereals, Pulses and Oilseeds and production of value added products from them. It intends to inculcate vocational and entrepreneurial skills to widen employment opportunities, particularly among rural youth and the disadvantaged sections of the society as well as self-employment. It seeks to address the workforce requirements of the food processing industries and focuses on upgrading the knowledge and skills of existing workers in the roller Flour mills, rice mills, pulse mills, baking and confectionary industry, oilseeds processing units and ready to eat food along with snack food industry based on Cereals, Pulses and Oil seeds.
The main objective of the programme is to:
• provide the knowledge & skills for minimizing the post-harvest losses and production of value added food products
• develop human resource for post-harvest management and for primary/ secondary/tertiary processing of Cereals, Pulses and Oilseeds at the production areas/ clusters,
• develop youth as young entrepreneurs for self-employment through food processing and associated activities, impart knowledge and technical prociency in
– Procurement of raw materials,
– Preparation of value added products,
– Prevention of losses in raw and processed produce,
– Marketing and economical aspects,
– Managing small and medium enterprises
Note: Being study centre of the IGNOU for this program, all theoretical and practical classes will be held at the AIBTM.
• Continuous assessment will be done via observation of practical skills and bakery knowledge through a portfolio of evidence.
• IGNOU’s Examination as per their schedule in June 2019.
|Books: Bakery Insight and
Basic Baking (Books)
Note: Fee of Rs.11,000 for IGNOU’s DPVCPO will be directly paid by student.
• Sharing Accommodation (6 Months): Rs. 55,000 including all applicable meals.
• Sharing AC Accommodation (6 Months): Rs. 65,000 including all applicable meals.
MODULES AND SUBJECTS:
|1||Bakery Science & Technology||4|
|2||Ingredients & Materials Technology||4|
|3||Bread & Fermented Goods||4|
|4||Biscuits, Cakes & Sweet Goods||4|
|5||Artisan Bakery & Patisseries||2|
|6||Food Safety & Quality Management||4|
|9||Entrepreneurship & Management||4|
|Course Code||Course Title||Credits|
|BPVI-033||Milling of Wheat, Maize and Coarse grains||4|
|BPVI-034||Baking and Flour Confectionery||4|
|BPVI-036||Processing of Pulses and Oilseeds||4|
|BPVI-037||Food Quality Testing and Evaluation||4|
|BPVI-038||Entrepreneurship and Marketing||4|
- Candidate can apply for single module also. He/ She will get the certificate for the same. If candidate complete all other modules in future, he/she will be awarded PG Diploma
certificate at that time.
- Those seeking Hostel Accommodation will be required to pay the Hostel security of Rs. 10,000 along with the Hostel Fee at the time of admission.
- Hostel accommodation will be on first-come-first basis.