May 1-8, 2018
This course provides the skills and knowledge required to make and decorate a single tier cake. Participants will learn about flower making techniques, presenting floral sprays and tying ribbons, selection of ingredients and cake making, covering cakes with Ready-to-Roll icing, and piping with royal icing. At the end of the course, students will have successfully decorated a single tier cake for a special occasion
- Preparation of the fruit/ Baking of the cake
- Importance of the baking lining of tins correctly
- Preparation of the cake boards (unless they are pre-covered) paper covering or iced covering.
- Making of the gum paste (unless it is already brought in) Demo but class paste needs to be made ahead
- Use of cutters /equipment selection of wires/ribbon selections
- Discussion of colour palette/ symmetrical or asymmetrical designs
- Use of colours/powders or luster dusts
- Introduction o blossoms, filler flowers, leaves
- Preparation of cake for covering
- Application of fondant or RTR icing
- Making of larger flowers such as Roses
- Finishing leaves and filler flowers
- Piping techniques
- Wiring small sprays
- Attaching ribbons
- Piping side designs
- Continuation of leaf, flowers and fillers
- Air brushing or finishing techniques
- Assembly of sprays continued.
- Finishing of cakes
Discount: If any participant wish to apply for two or more courses, 15% discount on each course will be ensured.
Candidate who cancels his/her enrollment in more than 7 working days before the course starts, will receive a full refund. Though 25% fee be deducted towards cancellation before 2 working days. Admission is transferable.
AIBTM reserves the right to cancel any short course due to any emergency and insufficient enrollments.