This course is designed to provide information on the laws and regulations used in food labelling to help protect consumers. On successful completion of the training the candidates shall be able to:
- Name the basic elements required on the food label.
- Identify whether the mandatory elements on a particular label are in conformance with the regulations including necessary content, format, and placement.
- Name the eight major food allergens identified in the Food Allergen Labelling and Consumer Protection Act and evaluate labels for compliant allergen labelling.
- Identify a nutrient content descriptor
- Identify a health claim and use guidance documents to determine compliance.
- Synopsis of Global labelling requirements.
Dr. A. Savitri
- Following completing Post Graduation in Foods and Nutrition in 1981, Dr. Savitri completed PhD from CFTRI in 1986. She won many prizes in academics as well as other extracurricular activities. Winner of University Gold medal in UG and PG.
- She started per professional career with Shinshu Non Clinical Research Institute in Japan. She worked there for 2 years. She has blend of teaching (University of Agricultural Sciences Dharwad 1988-1990) and Industrial experiences at Modern Food Industries Ltd, NEPC Agri Foods, International Best Foods, Mahaan Proteins Ltd.,GD Foods Delhi and Britannia Industries ltd Bangalore. She is also board member for Mount Carmel College till date. She is also advisory board member of the AIBTM.
- She has worked in different food Industries at different capacities such as R&D Manager, Product development Manager, Technical head and at Britannia in the capacity of Head Manager Corporate, Scientific and Regulatory Affairs.
- Over the years, she has developed a wide range of Instant foods, Beverage concentrates, eggless products; soup mixes etc. and also built expertise in food regulations and interpretations.
- Her several technical papers have been published in various journals. She was key contributor for the book titled Wheat and wheat products” published by FSSAI, WPPS and AIBTM. She is connected with almost all the industry associations and has presence in the core groups of FSSAI. She is certified as Trainer of the FSSAI.
- She has been Vice President of The Federation of Biscuit manufacturers Association for two years. (2015-16 and 2016-17).
Date: December 6-7, 2017
Last date of Registration: November 28, 2017
Industry Participants: Rs. 5,900
Academic faculty and students: Rs. 3,540
Group discount for more than 2 participants from same company – 15%.
Accommodation: Available at AIBTM Hostel on twin sharing basis @ Rs.750/per day including all the meals.
Cancellation: Full refund if cancelled 3 days before the program. Though, substitutions are allowed.
1. Domestic labelling regulations—Current and Draft notifications(Rules and regulations governing – Labelling of pre-packaged foods)
a. General Labelling requirements
b. Current labelling requirements and formats
c. Category specific Labelling regulations
d. Claims and descriptors.
2. Codex guide lines-Nutritional Labelling and claims
3. Global regulations:
a. Export requirements for labelling
b. Import regulations and labelling.
4. Hands on Application