Specialized career opportunity in one of the fastest growing food business segment.
• One year program designed for students who wish to make specialization in Bakery Science and Technology. This is only such comprehensive program for post graduate studies in Bakery Technology and Management available in India.
• This course consists of 2 semesters (including 2 months internship in key industries).
• Students will learn the fundamentals of bakery science with emphasis on the functional chemistry of bakery ingredients. They will come to understand the bakery processes, products, trouble shooting, product quality, food safety and bakery management.
• Emphasis will be on the bakery technology and research based projects with implementation of latest technologies related to bakery industry.
• This course is coupled with Industrial visits , workshops, seminars mentoring by industry professionals
• Opportunity to work with other institutes, companies, research laboratories in collaboration with AIBTM
• Key examinations and viva will be evaluated by technical experts.
|Subjects – Semester I||Subject Code||Theory||Practical Hours||Credit Hours||Theory||Practical|
|1||Bakery Science and Technology||PGBST – 101||40||3+0||100|
|2||Ingredient Technology||PGBST – 102||80||80||3+2||50||50|
|3||Bread Technology||PGBST – 103||50||100||3+2||50||50|
|4||Artisan & Patisserie- I||PGBST – 104||80||0+2||100|
|5||Bakery Management||PGBST – 105||38||2+0||50|
|6||Food Safety and Quality Managment||PGBST – 106||42||2+0||100|
|7||Projects and Seminar I||PGBST – 107||120||0+2||100|
|Subjects – Semester II||Subject Code||Theory||Practical Hours||Credit Hours||Theory||Practical|
|1||Bakery Engineering||PGBST – 201||32||2+1||50||50|
|2||Biscuit Technology||PGBST – 202||32||60||2+2||50||50|
|3||Cake Technology||PGBST – 203||30||60||2+2||50||50|
|4||Artisan & Patisserie-II||PGBST – 204||60||0+2||100|
|5||Communication and Soft Skills||PGBST – 205||26||1+0||50|
|6||Projects and Seminar II||PGBST – 206||60||0+2||100|
|7||Food Handling and Packaging||PGBST – 207||30||2+0||50|
|8||Internship||PGBST – 208||0+3||100|
|India, Nepal & Bhutan Student (INR)||International Student (US$)|
|Sem 1||Sem 2||Total||Sem 1||Sem 2||Total|
|Tuition Fee (Including Ingredients for course and training)||55,000||55,000||1,10,000||1400||1400||2800|
Hostel Fee Structure
|Indian (INR)||Per Semester||International (US$)|
|Non A.C. Rooms (Triple Sharing)||95,000||50,000||2350|
|A.C. Rooms (Triple Sharing)||1,20,000||65,000||2550|
|Security Refundable Rs. 10,000 (US$ 300).
All meals are vegetarian.
• Graduates in subjects such as Food Technology, Hotel Management, Home Science, Microbiology, Science, etc.
• Continuous assessment will be done via observation of practical skills and bakery knowledge through a portfolio of evidence.
• AIBTM placement cell will assist in
› Free posting of resume in institute website for five years.
› Drawing up resume.
› Campus Recruitment and outside interviews.
• Major employers will be invited for campus recruitment.
• We are confident of 100% placement for deserving.
• Students successfully completing the program will be ready for Executive and Junior management bakery industry career, in large, medium, artisan units, and in related businesses internationally. They will be ready for placement in:
– Production & Processing
– Quality Control
– Research & Development
– Sales & Marketing
– Food Ingredient
– Bakery Entrepreneurship
• World class bakery lab with commercial style equipment and machinery.
• Fully equipped research and development lab for new product development.
• Highly designed food quality lab for testing of food samples.
• Library, study area with wi-fi connectivity
• Hostel Accommodation
• Homely and hygienic food is available at our state-of-the-art cafeteria.
• An exclusive bakery & coffee corner.
• Those seeking Hostel Accommodation will be required to pay the Hostel security of Rs. 10,000 along with the Hostel Fee at the time of admission.
• Hostel accommodation will be on first-come-first basis.