- 9 months intensive program including 3 months internship is designed for students who wish to make specialization in Bakery Science and Technology. This is only such comprehensive program for post graduate studies in Bakery Technology and Management available in India.
- This course focuses on five specific modules Bread Technology, Biscuit Technology, Cakes and Sweet Goods, Applied Bakery Science, Food Safety and Quality Control and Entrepreneurship..
- Students will learn the fundamentals of bakery science with emphasis on the functional chemistry of bakery ingredients. They will come to understand the bakery processes, products, trouble shooting, product quality, food safety and bakery management.
- Emphasis will be on the bakery technology and research based projects with implementation of latest technologies related to bakery industry.
- This course is coupled with Industrial visits, workshops, seminars mentored by industry professionals
- Opportunity to work with other institutes, companies, research laboratories in collaboration with AIBTM
- Key examinations and viva will be evaluated by technical experts.
- International Collaboration with our partner; Kansas State University, USA, Canadian International Grain Institute, Hyjeon College, South Korea, Tafe Hunter, Australia, City & Guilds, UK.
Modules and Subjects
Note: Fee of Rs. 11,000 for IGNOU’s DPVCPO will be directly paid by student.
- Sharing Accommodation (6 Months): Rs. 55,000 including all applicable meals.
- Sharing AC Accommodation (6 Months): Rs. 65,000 including all applicable meals.
- A.C Room Dual Shared 75,000
- Perday charges 750/-
- 9 Months including 3 months internship.
- Graduate of science, home science, food technology, engineering, Vocational and allied subjects like Hotel Management, Maths, Microbiology, etc.)
- Continuous assessment will be done via observation of practical skills and bakery knowledge through a portfolio of evidence.
Students successfully completing the program will be ready for Executive and Junior management bakery industry career, in large, medium, artisan units, and in related businesses internationally. They will be ready for placement in:
- Production & Processing (Bread, Biscuits, Cakes and Sweet Goods)
- Quality Control
- Research & Development, Product Improvement and Design
- Food Ingredient Technologist
- Sales & Marketing
- Bakery Entrepreneurship
- World class bakery lab with commercial style equipment and machinery.
- Fully equipped research and development lab for new product development.
- Highly designed food quality lab for testing of food samples.
- Library, study area with wi-fi connectivity.
- Hostel Accommodation.
- Homely and hygienic food is available at all times at our state of-the-art cafeteria.
- An exclusive bakery & coffee corner.
- AIBTM placement cell will assist in:
- Free posting resume in institute website for five years.
- Drawing up resume.
- Campus Recruitment and interviews in top notch food
- Major employers will be invited for campus recruitment.
- We are confident of 100% placement for deserving students.
- Those seeking Hostel Accommodation are required to pay the Hostel security of Rs. 10,000 along with the Hostel Fee at the time of admission.
- Hostel accommodation will be on first-come-first basis.